February 21, 2019 By admin
The hustle and bustle of restaurant work can make a day of serving a true grind. So, somewhere between the rude customers and crazy orders, the wait staff has to fit in some fun — or else they risk absolutely losing it!
Oftentimes, they’ll bring some willing diners in on their fun, and the results are always hilarious. You can bet that these wacky waiters pulled in some record-breaking tips with their antics. Today’s special is pranks with a side of hijinks!
1. During one beloved server’s final shift, this staff organized the ultimate send-off by reenacting Leonardo Da Vinci’s “The Last Supper.” Of course, they took some artistic liberties with all the beer signs in the background.
2. What kind of kid turns down cake and ice cream? When offered a birthday dessert, this boy simply stated he wanted nothing. His very literal server came back minutes later with a fancy chocolate drizzle spelling out exactly that.
3. You’ve got to love extremely literal waiters! This is the result of a woman asking, “I’ll take my plate to go, please.” Let’s hope that her actual food ended up in a box just outside of the photo frame.
4. It turns out that waiters aren’t the only ones who can leave special messages on plates. This particular diner enjoyed his cake so much that he modified the original message to show his gratitude. Chivalry isn’t dead after all.
5. This bar patron complained that there wasn’t enough lemon in his water, so the staff gave him this citrus-filled cup to keep his mouth shut. As the old saying goes: when life gives you lemons, you’ve probably annoyed the bartender.
6. After this guy knocked over a glass of orange juice, his waitress returned with another one. This time around, however, it came with a lid and straw! Just goes to show that you’re never too old for a sippy cup.
7. Servers have to find some way to entertain themselves on slow days. One bored waitress noticed that a patron enjoyed The Powerpuff Girls — and Nintendo — so she expertly painted Blossom out of dessert sauces.
8. Where did this thimble-sized serving of soda come from? Well, this is what happens when you ask a mischievous waiter for a little more Diet Coke. Not the most original idea, but the execution is impeccable, especially with the gigantic straw.
9. Arcade fans have seen Pac-Man chow down on cherries, strawberries, and pretzels. Why shouldn’t he get some pancakes as well? One gamer cook finally gave him the chance by laying out this retro breakfast. That’s 10 out of 10 for presentation!
10. Thirsty for some Duff beer? You’re in luck, thanks to this employee who dressed up as The Simpson’s irascible bartender, Moe Szyslak. Unfortunately, he probably got interrupted every few minutes by prank calls from I.P. Freely and Seymour Butz.
11. You can’t please everybody, which is why many establishments don’t take every Yelp review into consideration. In fact, this proud waiter made a one-star review into a shirt, which he sports during every shift.
12. After this tall waiter kept bumping his head against the light fixtures, he (sort of) came up with a solution. He plopped it on top of his head, like a hat. On the bright side, he looks like he’s constantly coming up with brilliant ideas.
13. If you’re ever been to Starbucks, then you’ll know the baristas will write whatever name they want on your cup. Some will even get it wrong on purpose. Poor Bryan was only trying to explain the spelling of his name, but got this piece of sass instead.
14. When it comes to special meals, plenty of people want to commemorate the event with a photo. Shouldn’t the servers get to be part of the memory too? This restaurant employee thought so, as he snuck a selfie on a customer’s phone.
15. In the middle of a particularly slow shift, this Subway employee took a snooze. His coworkers didn’t want him to get in trouble for napping on the job, so they did they next best thing by taping a funny sign to his shirt. Naturally, he slept through the whole thing.
16. While a waiter carried over a massive basket of french fries, a lone fry fell to the floor — a real tragedy. But there is a happy ending. The waiter swore he owed them another fry, so he returned minutes later with one laid out on its own plate.
17. Humans have been drinking alcohol for thousands and thousands of years, but even back then, we’re pretty sure there weren’t dinosaur barkeeps. It would be pretty difficult to make elaborate cocktails with razor sharp claws.
18. Due to his lactose intolerance, this restaurant diner turned down every birthday dessert on the menu. However, his waitress insisted on bringing him something, so she whipped up a…dinner roll drizzled in chocolate. That’s probably not what he wished for!
19. In the service world, you’re supposed to greet every customer with a smile on your face. A few rebels out there, however, take the opposite approach. Sketching Grumpy Cat on the check is a bold tip strategy, but it pays off if a table loves memes as much as food.
20. Most servers are subtle about wanting big tips, but a few go out of their way to get what they want. This waitress wrapped her shoes in duct tape to petition for a huge payday. It likely worked so well that she ended up wearing these kicks all the time.